Thursday, January 6, 2011

First time in a homebrew club meeting...

A couple days ago (Tues. night) I was fortunate enough to attend my first homebrewer club meeting. I was invited by the local brewing supply store employee who is a member.. It was hosted at a persons home.. Amazing brewing set-up in a back room. Probably 500 Sq. feet of nothing but stainless, plastic, and kettles, kegs, and kopper ( ;-) )

I was walking around in awe, with a glass that I had been drinking dogfishead 90 minute out of, that I brought to the party.. (now empty).. Every time I turned around, some proud bloke was pouring a few ounces of their liquid gold into my glass to sample, from their bottle, or growler.

The mood was way above festive, and I shit you not, every single brew was awesome. Black stouts, porters, red beer, IPAs, brown ales.. Lagers and ales were both in huge supply.

I tracked down the club bigwig, and flipped my cash to him then and there to join for a year. Far too much fun, and great contacts to boot.. I only hope I can learn half of what the talent displayed in their brews. Great fun..

If you're into homebrewing, I seriously suggest googling to see if theres a club in your area. Trading notes with other passionate individuals can only help make you a better brewer.  I think you may find them a band of easy-going beer loving folk that fit right in with your love of beer. And lets face it, if you didnt brew, you wouldnt love beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment