Monday, January 10, 2011

Safeword IPA..

Our first all-grain brew is finally ready to drink! Its been in the keezer (Keg-o-rator converted from a trunk freezer) for a little over 2 weeks.  Its cleared, carbonated, and damn tasty.

Its surprising just how much aroma a simple 1/2 oz of hops (cascade, in this case) added to the beer after racking it off to the secondary fermentor.  The smell coming off the head is just heaven.

Got my glass filled, and soon to be empty :)

Next up: The Blackout stout..  I think the kegged bit will be ready to put on CO2, and in the fridge here in about 7 or 8 days.. Take a week to chill, and carbonate..

I have 1/2 this stout batch bottled.. Its so dark, and complex I think it will respond well to getting a little bottle aging.. I'll try some during Superbowl, but I think they'll need a few months.. Maybe 4th of July :)

No comments:

Post a Comment